In My Mailbox #40 and #41

I was away last week and didn't get a chance to put together IMM so enjoy checking out two weeks worth of books :) I have to say it's a mighty selection and there are so many I'm really excited to read especially Babe In Boyland! Check out Kristi's blog, The Story Siren for more info on the blogosphere's obsession with In My Mailbox.
Last Week:
  • Dexter Is Delicious (Dexter #5) by Jeff Lindsay | Two television adapted books in one week? Craziness. I'd love to see adapted versions of some of my other fave shows like How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, The Big Bang Theory and many more.
  • The Beginning (Glee #1) by Sophia Lowell | I'm not afraid to say I was a late-comer to Glee, while all the hype was going on I was staring at my screen thinking what's all the fuss about but come season two I was hooked and couldn't resist picking up the book version. I'm hoping it's a unique storyline to the TV Show but we'll have to wait and see. Oh and the sequel has already been announced, check it here.

  • Rich and Mad by William Nicholson | I'm pretty sure I'm going to really enjoy this one for all the romantic YA novels I deny myself but I just couldn't pass this one up. It promises to be first love, messy friendships and beautifully written, a perfect recipe to get into my all-time favourite books.
  • Candor by Pam Bachorz | For so long I'd passed this book up as a Mexican focused novel but after taking a closer look I realised it is pretty similar to Ads R Us by Claire Carmichael, a book which went totally under the radar but I managed to pick up at the library when i was first getting into YA all those months ago.

  • Gone, #1 by Michael Grant | I tend to subconsciously steer clear of series books particularly sci-fi ones but somehow a book that fits into two of my most unwanted categories ended up on my bookshelf. I'm pretty sure a life without adults would be chaos but I'm looking forward to seeing how a bunch of teens, toddlers and babies handle the world all on their own.
  • The Last Will of Moira Leahy by Therese Walsh | I won two copies of this book off Facebook, thanks Therese! I'm sure it'll do a good job at feeding my current obsession with Chick-Lit books and for once it's not a huge novel for this genre.

This Week:


  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare | There are so many people awaiting the prequel to the Mortal Instruments series so much so that I couldn't pass up an opportunity to review a copy, I only hope not having read it's predecessors won't effect the story-line too much.
  • Nightshade, #1 by Andrea Cremer | I wish you could see the cover I received of this book, it's wonderful simplistic and I actually prefer it to the official cover. I'd show you all if it weren't for my flail camera skillz. The hype of this book reminds me somewhat of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, another book I haven't yet got around to reading.


  • The Blue-eyed Aborigine by Rosemary Hayes | For anyone who doesn't know aborigine is the term used for Australia's earliest inhabitants and before receiving this book I had no idea aborigines rarely had blue eyes. I found this rather interesting due to my obsession with green eyes. I'm sure there will be plenty of other interesting facts in this book about our ancestors.

  • Burnt Snow 


    by Van Badham | I received a sampler of this book a few months ago and of course, I still haven't got around to reading it. I hear its filled with supernatural beings, romance and mystery.

  • A Brief History of Montmaray (The Montmaray Journals #1) by Michelle Cooper | To tell you the truth, I don't think I've actually read a historical YA novel as yet probably because the first thoughts that come to mind when I mention history are the many dull hours I spent in SOSE class but the cover of this book says it's anything but boring and that's why Sophie Fitzosborne's adventures on a tiny island will be my first gamble on this genre.
  • Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman | AHH, I'm so excited about this one, I'd be reading it right now if it weren't for my reading schedule. Such an awesome cover which reminds me lovingly of Panic at the Disco, A really great summary, I know I'm going to love this book!

Q: What TV Show would you like to see made into book form?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs