Top Ten // Books I'd Like To See Made Into A Movie

It's time for another edition of Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and The Bookish). This week's topic revolves around those mysterious book to movie adaptations and highlights the books I'm hoping will be transformed ASAP.

1. Perfect Chemisty by Simone Elkeles
It seems like all my picks are romance-related... I guess chick-lit films aren't as successful or challenging to make as a dystopian. Don't get me wrong I love the current craze following in the footsteps of The Hunger Games but when all that dies down, can we please turn PERFECT CHEMISTRY into the irresistible films it deserves to be :D

2. Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty
I hear this one is currently being scripted so lookout for your next dose of Marcus Flutie in the the form of a rather popular actor as shown below. 
3. Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz
I'm guessing this rather popular series hasn't been made into a film yet due to it's similarities with Twilight but it's so much more than that. I'm yet to complete the series but hopefully it wraps well and catches the attention of producers.

4. Any Sarah Dessen Novel 
Okay, so that Mandy Moore film based on Someone Like You and That Summer was pretty awful... but think of how much Sarah Dessen's novels have improved since those dark days. It probably won't happen but I'd love to see who would be cast as Owen in Just Listen or Wes in The Truth About Forever. Please Make This Happen, People!
5. Slam by Nick Hornby
I read this one such a long time ago, I'm surprised it's not already a film considering almost all of Nick Hornby's other works have been successfully adapted into film most notably About A Boy. An Education & my personal favourite Fever Pitch.

6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Just looking at the props as shown below makes me super keen for this movie, we haven't had a good American in Paris flick in such a long time. Who doesn't love the idea of falling in like at boarding school. 

7. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I'm pretty sure the trekky fans would eat us alive for entering their SciFi universe with a Young Adult adventure but it'd be worth the risk to see Amy and Elder on the big screen.

8. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
The perfect mixture of misery and longing with a love triangle thrown in for good measure. Plus, it wraps with a wedding, woo for Belly! 
9. Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty
With the success of Tomorrow, When the War Began, Hating Alison Ashley & Looking for Alibrandi, it makes perfect sense to follow in the tradition of popular Aussie YA adaptations and flip Jaclyn Moriarty's hilarious teen series into a film starring our fave local actors.

10. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Another perfect romance, I don't know why this one hasn't been picked up yet. It manages to take a cliche of meeting on a plane and falling in love to a whole other level <3


UPCOMING BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATIONS;;
I also stumbled upon a quite a lot of movies already in the works and they just so happen to be a few of my favourites, yay! I can't wait to see each of these films hit the cinema and create waves amongst the blogosphere and beyond! Follow the links to keep track of them on your IMDB watch-list.

Q: What books would you like to see made into a movie?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs